Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tuesday - Wednesday

Tuesday - Master Swim

Swam with Erica in middle lanes - a break from swimming in the far lane next to the wall. It didn't make me any faster, however.  But chasing Erica probably helped. She has better endurance. I can probably beat her for a given 25, 50 or 100, but she almost always pulls away in the mulitple sets. 

Warmup:  250 yards
First set:  4 x 100 with paddles; we concentrated on right arm for 25, left arm for 25, counted strokes for 25 (I find counting strokes to be difficult; I think I did a length in 18) 25 fast;  = 400

Main set:   300, 200, 200, 100, 100, 100   = 1,000
                         200, 200, 100, 100 =   600     We did all of these sets at a 2:10 interval. 

Total yards =  2,250 yards; 

Tuesday - Bodyshaping

Did the usual routine of cardio / strength / balance exercises with Heather.   Time = 60 minutes

Tuesday - Run on Treadmill

I ran a mile at 10 minute pace on treadmill after workout class and then 20 minutes walking at 3.9 mph with 13 degree incline;  good workout.  Left knee vertissus muscle is puffy and it hurts to run, but I can run; it hurts less with more incline. Doesn't hurt to walk hard at 13 degree incline, but it does hurt to walk on level ground.   This injury concerns me. I don't see a lot of improvement. 



Wednesday:  CT Workout

Full house at 5 am workout:  Mark K., Scott N. Dave S., Mo, Amy, Elizabeth, Michelle; 

amy, elizabeth and I did interval workout; the rest did FTP test; 

10 minutes warmup;

8 x 2 minutes all out with two minute recovery;  My power numbers for these sets probably averaged about 265;  I started out over 300 but drifted down;   My max heart rate for most of the sets was 145 with an average of 131; 

3 x 1 minutes all out with two minute recovery:  closer to 300 for these three sets;  I pushed legs to max - kept up a wattage about 320 for as long as I could but it was dropping fast for those last 15 seconds;  I'm guessing I averaged about 290; 

total workout time:  60 minutes;

No comments:

Post a Comment