Sunday, December 11, 2011

Long spin

My left knee is still sort - the vertisus muscle. It feels like if I start to run on it, it should loosen up, but I haven't pushed it yet.  I watched the last half hour of the Kona Championships. I'm not sure whether it inspires me or scares me.  When I turned it on they were focused on the old guys - some in their 80s, who were struggling to finish. REally struggling. Like falling down because it's almost midnight and hard to see and they're tired and 80 years old. I bet they didn't look as old when they started the race.  I'm wonder what I will look like at the finish.

It was inspirational to watch the vets with artifical legs finishing. Incredible. The final story was of a woman who was running to finish before the official shutdown at 17 hours. She finished in 17 hours 4 seconds, so won't get a recorded finish. I guess if this were a movie, she would have made it.  It was still pretty emotional to watch.

Did the 90 minute spin class with Heather. Pushed it, but it's not as intense as the computrainer. I hope that next week, I can complete the schedule as scheduled. I think I can work through the nagging little injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment