Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sunday - Tuesday

Sunday - had basketbally from 7 pm to 9 pm.  I'm still breaking in new shoes and for the first half hour I felt particulary uncomfortable. Not just the shoes. My knee hurt, sore whenever I tried to pivot or cut. Even when I was in super slo-mo.  Gradually the pain went away and I played poorly, but wasn't because of any specific pain. Haven't got in a groove yet. Shot poorly, too.  We lost both games.

Monday - light spin class with Heather.  Sort of like a day off. 

Tuesday - Masters class today. 

Warmup:  200 yards;

First set:  4 x 50  twice;  fast, medium, easy, fast;  (I skipped #4) did them on 1:00 interval; 

Second set:  8 x 150  = 1200 yards; 

3rd set:  200 pull;  bilateal breathing

total yards:  2,000 yards; 

I felt sluggish today.  Craig said that I'm bunched up.  Said I was trying to go faster by speeding up my arm rotation, but that I need to have my body rotation drive the increase in turnover.  I think he means that the hip rotation should push the arm rotation, instead of the arm rotation pulling the hip rotation. 

Neck is sore;  back is stiff; groin/hernia issue not worse, not better. I will continue to watch it.

There was a good crowd for Masters. Lots of fast swimmers, which makes it more difficult for me as the "slow" lane where I swim has to be shared by fast swimmers. Erica and I are the only legit slow swimmners; today we shared with dave and Katie - but they did longer distances and still finished the big set ahead of me.  Not discouraged, but not encouraged either.  Trying not to make age an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment