Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wednesday & Thursday

Wednesday - spin class with Flo.  She provides a rigourous workout. No real downtime. Today we were asked to focus on our hamstrings and quadriceps.  That was to keep our minds from drifting off. I sort of want my mind to drift off - and the last thing I want to visualize are my hamstrings. But I tried to.    50 mins.

After Spin I had my workout session with Nibra.  Started with jumping jack - pushup countdown 10-10-9-9...etc down to 1-1.  Jumping jacks aren't hard, but they are a lot more difficult than when I was a kid. My shoulders were still sore from basketball. 

Next set:  stand on platform slam medicine ball to the ground (triceps); then step on platform dumbbell press for right leg;  curls for left leg step up;  then stand on half ball and row with rubber band strap;  repeat set three times with weights increasing from 8 to 10 to 15; 

Last set:  15 straight leg lifts (abs); weights - arm press;  hamstring exercise - bend over holding on to dumbbells;  repeat set 3 x; 

Thursday:  Master Swim with Joe;

warmup:    200 yards
main set:  3 x 150
                200 pull
               3 x150
               200 pull
               3 x 150 

total yards:  1950

We were supposed to go increase speed on each set of 150s;  I kept pretty much at the same pace of just under 2:00; 

No comments:

Post a Comment