Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sunday to Tuesday

Sunday - basketball from 7 pm to 9 pm.  This was my first game since April. I am definitely playing old man basketball now. I am very careful and cautious, trying to avoid any injuries. Which means very little jumping and no quick moves to the basket. More like slow mo moves.  I am still reasonably effective on defense because of conditioning, but I can't stay with the quick players. I can still hold my own against the bigger slower guys.  Got a few baskets just because of knowledge - knowing where to cut to or where to wait for a pass. Short shots. Made a couple of intermediate range jumpers, but mostly I looked to pass - to the guys who had better shots. 

It is a different type of workout. My arms are sore. Legs a little sore. But not too sore. Probably burned about 1,000 calories.

Monday - spin class with Heather. Light spin for 50 minutes. An easy workout after basketball. Better for the body than taking the day off. 

Tuesday - Masters swim - Craig was there. Good workout: 

Warmup:  200 yards

Drill:  4 x75:  single arm swim Left, right, swim  =  300
           5 x 50 = 250 


Main set:  2 x 200 with paddles; 100 swim
                2 x200 with paddles; 100 swim
                1 x 200 with paddles; 100 swim    1,300 yards

total yards:  2050

From the single arm drill - I learned to think about breathing earlier; glide, breathe, return to glide, catch;

No comments:

Post a Comment