Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Masters Swim

Tough workout this morning.  We started with the one arm swim drill again. I'm learning to hate that one. 25 yards with the right arm - breathing on the left, 25 yards with the right arm, 25 yards single switch (totally can't get the rhythm for that drill) and then 25 yards swim.  We repeated four times. Well we were supposed to, but I'm not sure I did a complete 4 sets.  When I use my left arm and breathe on my right, I mostly just breathe water and I'm gasping by the end of 25 yards.  So that's the first set.

then we did  2 25s fast trying to do a rapid turnover (lots of strokes), and then a 50 fast, but with more glide, less strokes.  We did that four times, too.  At 2:00 minute intervals. 

Then the killer:  10 100s descending 1 to 4; 5 to 8; and 9 to 10;   I don't really have four different speeds. I have slow, and not so slow.  I was gasping by the end of the first 4 100s.  Craig took mercy on us slower folks and for the second set we did #5 slow, #6 fast and then #7 slow and #8 fast.  And then we did 200 yards of pulling - which is like dessert. So much easier with that pull buoy.. 

In the slow group today: Len, Erica, Scott N. (but he's not slow).  Erica is slightly faster than me. She finished her last 100 in  1:45; mine was 1:48; 

Total yards:  Warmup:   200
                    Drill:          400
                  25-50:         400
                    100s          800
                 Pull               150

Total:                     1,950  but hard yards because we were sprinting; 

No comments:

Post a Comment