Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spin - Strength - Run

I did the 7 am spin class with Flo. She runs a challenging class. Very little down time. It was  a good warm-up for my half hour with Nibra. 

Nibra's workout:

Stood on platform and hurled heavy  ball on to floor 25 times; 
Bench press
Lat pull downs
Laid out on weight bench and did crunches bringing legs and arms up - required balanced - I had trouble with it. 

repeated 3 times

Leg curls (hamstrings)
Ab crunches
step up on platform with right leg and bench press 15 times - step up on platform with left leg curls; holding barbells (10 lbs?); 

repeated 3 times; 

The step ups were really challenging; 

Nibra said we would work on building strength to get me ready for Ironman; good start;

Run - beautiful day and  I didn't want to wait until 6 pm ERC workout at the track. So at 4 PM I did a 45 minute run; easy tempo - about 4.5 miles; 

No comments:

Post a Comment