Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Masters Swim

Craig was back. He told us about Aurora's channel swim. 

We did a mix of pulling and 50 yard freestyle. 200 x 2 pulling and then 6 x50 at 1:10; then another 200 and another 6 x 200 at 1:10;  Swam about 2,000 yards.

I'm getting better at not breathing on every stroke. I can consistenty breathe on every stroke when pulling (not as strenuous) and can do so on freestyle until I get tired. And then I breathe on every stroke for two or three times and then skip a breath.

I've been really concentrating on keeping my head down and also keeping my right arm from pulling across my body after the "catch" which I have a tendency to do when I breathe to my left. If I breathe a little earlier in the stroke I can mitigate that problem, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment