Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wednesday - Saturday

Wednesday: 

CT Workout:  slngle leg training; then 2 times: 30 sec hard, 30 sec recover; 2 minutes zone 2, 2 minutes recover; 2 min z3, 2 min z4; then final set: 10 minute build to zone 5. cooldown; avg watts = 161;  Total workout time:  75 ninutes;

Run:  This was ice fartlek. I ran hard where the sidewalk was bare, and slowed down for the ice.  5.64 miles in 51 minutes; 9:09 pace;  Temperature was in the twenties; ran in the afternoon;  felt good; some foot soreness at the end;

Thursday: 

Master Swim:  warmup; 4 x100 15 sec rec; 300 pull; 4 x 100 10 sec rec; 300 pull; 4 x100 15 sec recover;
total time:  70 minutes;  working on body rotation;  I feel like I'm getting better at;  After practice Joe said, "You swim different from a year ago. More hydroplaning."  So my glide is improving; 

Run: Pretty cold out (10 degrees) but it was comfortable run until the end; got a little cold; sidewalk conditions were bad; lots of unsholveled, icy patches so I had to go extra slow (instead of my regular slow). I wore two pair of socks plus foot pad and didn't have the foot soreness that Iusually get. Going to see Rollins next week.

total distance:  7.55 miles;  time:  1:18:51  pace:  10:26  (I had to slow down for a lot of icy patches.)

Friday: 
Spin class:  45 minutes
Exercise class:   30 minutes (Back and Abs)

Saturday:

CT Trainer:  Avg watts = 180; felt pretty good throughout the ride; my best rie so far this year in terms of maintaining power; main set: 30 minute warmup, then 3 x 10 min @ zone 4, 5 min recover; 3 x 18 minutes @ zone 3, 2 min recover; zone 2 to finish;

Total time:  2 hours 30 minutes;   total distance:  45 miles;  pace:  18 mph; 

Brick - Snow shoveling:  instead of 25 minutes of running after ride, I went home and shoveled out driveway and patio;  total time:  45 minutes; 

No comments:

Post a Comment