Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday - Saturday

Friday - got to sleep until 7:30 this morning. No early morning workout.  Drove to the Y at 9 and did a 45 minute run, along bike path at the lake.  My vertissus muscle was a little sore, but eventually that pain was replaced by left foot pain. That pain was manageable, but I'm not sure what it will be like for 26 miles.  Probably other places will hurt more and I will forget about it - at least at times.

Total run time:  45 minutes;  miles:  4 to 5; it was a fairly leisurely pace;

Spin:  30 minutes; just killing time until my Nibra workout at 10:30;

Nibra personal training - he worked my knee muscles;  started with a warmup of 10-9-8 pushups and jumping jacks;  then leg press, scissor kick for 30 seconds and then belly up bring knees to belly on weight bench - then shoulder press; repeated three times;  then step ups, knee - hamstrings - weights - then curl to press with 20 lb barbells; repeat three times;  pull down machine; triceps machine; 

Saturday:  2 hours on CT trainer - the Kona course;  got a flat tire at the one hour mark - Craig swapped out his wheel and i was only down about 5 minutes;  this was my first longer duration ride and I so I just followed the course - didn't do the board workout.  I averaged about 17.5 mph (adjusting for downtime) and watts were about 165;  didn't push it real hard - more of a workout to get used to sitting on the bike for that long. It's going to be a challenge;

Time:  2 hours;

Run:  right after bike ran 30 minutes with Dave and Mark. Easy pace - about 10 minute miles; knee muscles were tight and some glut tightness, but loosen up quickly. I was supposed to just run 10 minutes, but it was nice out - sunny and 40 degrees so I ran along with those guys for the full 30 minutes; 

No comments:

Post a Comment