Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tuesday - Thursday

Tuesday:  Master swim, but no formal program this week, which was good, as it gave me a chance to work on swim mechanics.  Trying to glide longer, and get arm forward before I begin pulling back with other arm.

I thought about holding off on the return until the other arm breaks the water. but later when I talked to Heather she said that was too early for me to use as a trigger. She feared that I would start pulling back to quick if I use that. She stressed trying to swim like I did in the catch up drill.

Bodyshaping:  10:30 to 11:30;  usual drills; 

Running:  Used treadmill after bodyshaping, ran for 30 minutes, had two five minute intervals where I built the speed from 10 minute mile to 7:40 mile;   leg felt okay;  after running I did rolling and other stretches;

Wednesday:   CT workout;  75 minutes;  avg hr 122; max:  155;  avg watts:  170;  intensity workout;

Thursday:  swam 60 minutes - again worked on catchup drill;  Craig has stressed that I need to think lightness and gliding;  not working so hard;  I tried to keep arm forward longer and was aware when I started to bring it back too quickly or if it started to drop in the water.  I think I'm starting to understand what I need to do - just am not able to do it comfortably yet. But I'm encouraged. 

Craig called today to check on me. I told him my leg was feeling better and he will gradually work my run workouts up to longer intervals, but no hurry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment