Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thursday - Sunday

Thursday:  Hill Repeats 

4 x Hills that last 2-3 minutes in length on your easy efforts, or 15-20:00 of hills shorter than 2:00 in length. Follow the pattern: E/H/M/H.
E = Low Threshold effort
M = Upper Threshold Effort
H = All Out!!
"Work time is appproximate".

This was a tough workout. I ran it at Tower Hill. No way I could come close to completing in 45 mnutes.
I ran 16 hills 4 x4 with a E/H/M/H rotation. I studied the data and I was pretty consistent on the hard - it took about 1:15 to get up that hill -which was a 9 to 12% grade according to Garmin and my pace was about a 9 minute mile, but under 8 for certain sections (I'm guessing the flatter parts). Legs felt pretty good. It was definitely a cardio challenge. my peak heart rate was 162 - usually I don't get it over 158.

Apparently I misread the workout plan. I should have done no more than 6 hills, but I did 16; 

Friday:

Ran for 40 minutes; slow zone 2 for first 20 minutes and then gradually increased pace and finished all out for last .4 mile. My all out wasn't that fast. 

Then 15 minutes light spin and then,

Personal Training - 30 minutes with Nibra; worked a lot on leg strength.  step ups; squats; 

Saturday:  Brick;

Two hours on CT trainer - the Kona course;  avg watts about 180;  avg mph = 18;  after bike 40 minute run outside at average pace of 10 min / mile;  slippery, but nice temp (30 degrees).

Sunday:  Basketball - 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment