Friday, January 13, 2012

Tuesday - Friday

Tuesday - Master swim -  We worked on underswitches. Craig told me that I'm leading my rotation from my shoulders instead of from core/hips. To get the power I need to have the hips driving the body rotation.  I went home and later that evening I checked out my tape on Total Immersion swimming and watched their demonstration of underswitch.    Time: 60  minutes

Bodyshaping - went to Heather's class Worked on balance and strength.  Time:  60 minutes;

Wednesday - CT trainer:  20 minute warmup - then 4 times (2 min zone 2, 2 min zone 3, 2 minutes zone 4, recover) then 5 minutes zone 2 recover, and then 3 times (zone 2 - 1 minute, zone 3 1 min, 30 seconds zone 4, 30 secs 150% ftp, 1 min recover). then cooldown; avg watts: 182;

Swimming:  Last night I re-watched a Total Immersion video - focused on the parts where the power comes from core - hip rotation; worked on that in the pool after Ct workout. I get the concept, but I think I am still letting the arms lead the hips to rotate instead of the hip rotation driving the arms. It's hard to do the drills w/o someone to correct me. but I am least getting the idea.

Thursday:  Masters:  worked on balance and keeping arm long and not returning too quickly;  time: 60 minutes;

Run:  Moved this to Thursday because Friday was too crowded and I thought it would be fun to run during snowstorm. Soft footing, had to run slowly to be careful, but not a bad run. More a zone 1 run than zone 2 because of conditions. 

I'm still having persistent, mild pain on the bottom of my left foot. I plan to check back in with Dr. Rollins and see if I need more cushion in my shoes.

Friday:  Spent two hours shoveling snow - so I am using that as my extended strenght workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment