Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend should be when I do my longer workouts, but I've sort of settled into the off season mode and I'm not waking up early enough. I had planned to go to Masters Swim with Joe on Saturday morning at 6 am. I wanted to an hour in the pool, then run for an hour and then catch the last of Heather's super spin class.

But I didn't wake up until 7:30 so I just went to Heather's class. Did 80 minutes of spin. 

Stephen came home Friday night for his cousin Brian's wedding reception Saturday and Nicole returned from London on Saturday afternoon. So we had a couple of drives to the airport. The four of us went to the reception at Maggiano's (no Christie - she's in London). The kids looked very much grown up now - conversing nicely with young and old. 

This morning it was cool and threatening rain. I got up at 7:30 and decided to do my regular run (6 mile course) instead of the longer run I had contemplated. I thought Suzanne might want to go to church with Stephen but they both slept in. Took me 54:10 to do the course. That's slower than last time - I took it easy but thought I was running faster than that. Legs felt good, a little soreness on the foot in the last mile. Some tightness in the right side hamstring and a little tweakiness in the achilles but nothing distracting.  Felt pretty strong. 

My weight after the run was 188.8 which is better than those 190 numbers. I remember when I was a serious younger runner, my weight dipped as low as 168, but was routinely around 173 to 175.  But I'm stronger upper body now. 

I have had a good offseason week. I've worked out every day since I returned from Norman Mailer - that's twelve days in a row. But they've been light workouts. I am going to try to build a little more intensity in next week.

STATS
Days Until CDA:   272
Weight:  188.8
Swim Yards / cum:  0 / 3,200
Swim Time/ Cum:  0 minutes  / 90
Run Miles / Cum Run Miles:  6 / 24.7
Run time/ Cum Run time:  54 minutes / 226 minutes
Spin time  / Cum time:   80 / 210 minutes
Total workout time / cum:  145  / 472

No comments:

Post a Comment