Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Swim Lesson

I had a swim lesson this morning with Heather.   She hadn't seen me swim since early in the year and she noticed improvement. I still need to do a better job of keeping my head down when I breathe, and not pulling acrossed my  body on my return. Not catching a lot of water yet either.

Here is a link to her video:
Swim Lesson

In the evening I went to Evanston Running Club workout. It was timed mile workout. We warmend up and then they timed us in the mile.  I ran with group 3. I finished in third or fourth in the group. Had plenty of cardio capacity, but I was a little skittish about my right leg side hamstring. It felt a little tuggy when I tried to accelerate.  I ran sort of a controlled mile, but pushed it somewhat at the end. Caught the guy I think was in 2nd or 3rd place, but then two other people passed me just before the finish. I could have caught them or stayed up, but didn't want to take any chances.  Time:  6:58 approx.    I used to run 6 min miles so I've lost some speed for sure. 



STATS
Days Until CDA:   276
Weight:  191.6
Swim Yards / cum:  1000 / 3,200
Swim Time/ Cum:  30 minutes  / 90
Run Miles / Cum Run Miles:  3.0  / 14.5
Run time/ Cum Run time:  30 minutes / 132 minutes
Spin time  45 min/ Cum time:   0 / 85 minutes
Total workout time / cum:  60  / 327

No comments:

Post a Comment