Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rain Day

I had planned to do an early morning bike ride if the weather was nice, or just take the day off. My last off day was Wednesday when I flew back from the Norman Mailer workshop. I don't usually schedule a day off because I know that about every ten days something unforseen will come up. And now when I'm just doing easy workouts I don't need a lot of recovery time. 

I often feel worse when I don't work out. Sometimes the soreness is greater or I just feel sluggish or bloated. Probably partly psychological.

Well, it was sort of threatening rain so I decided I'd just go to church and then watch the Bears game.  Bears got pummeled and I was feeling antsy, so I went out for a run. It was raining pretty hard, but the temperature was 61 degrees and I dressed with good non-absorbing clothes (hat, under armour, running shorts and my short sleeve warmup from the American Cancer Society. Also had my iPod. It was a nice run. I felt strong and didn't run a hard pace, but I finished the six miles in less than 52 minutes if I don't count the 50 seconds that I was waiting for the light to change. That's about an 8:40 pace. 

STATS
Days Until CDA:   279
Weight:  190.5
Run Miles / Cum Run Miles:  6.0  / 11.5
Run time/ Cum Run time:  53 minutes / 102 minutes
Spin time / Cum time:   0 / 40 minutes
Total workout time / cum:  53  / 162

No comments:

Post a Comment