Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday April 2 to Sunday April 8

Monday:

Travel day; returned to Chicago; no workouts;

Tuesday:

Took the day off to recover;

Wednesday:

CT:   easy zone 2-3 ride; legs felt fine; no muscle soreness in biking muscles;  18 miles;  60 minutes;

Chiro appointment with Tony:   15 minutes;

Thursday:

Personal training with Nibra:  abs and core work;  30 minutes;

Massage with Rachel:  60 minutes;

Friday:

Spin class:  12 miles approx;  45 minutes;

Long run:  Mapped out a 4.35 mile loop. Ran it three times -stopping back at my house after each loop for gatorade. Maintained steady pace, not much fall off in the 3rd loop. Nice running weather. 

13.07 miles  / 2 hours 2 minutes;  avg pace:  9:21;

Saturday:

Bike:   outside;  cold and had to borrow Paul's bike;  over dressed and got hot with extra clothes;  62 miles;

total ride time:  5 hours;

I wasn't prepared I guess for the length of the ride. Mentally I was expecting something more like an easy 3 plus hours.
Felt more like a 4 plus hour ride. It took me about five hours, but I cruised home from Fort Sheridan. Hopefully I will do better with my own bike, but it wasn't the bike's fault. Maybe we should consider moving long run to Thursday?
I don't like being the laggard.

Sunday:  off

No comments:

Post a Comment