Saturday, March 10, 2012

Monday March 5 to Sunday March 11

Monday:


CT BIKE:  FTP TEST

FTP test; planned to keep it between 270 and 275, but I never got quite in the right zone. I was in a middle gear - had at least three higher gears I could have used and maybe I should have tried a least one gear higher. Average for the 20 minutes was 257, which was 7 watts lower than last test in January. Of course on that test I had Claire yelling at me.

RUN:  Easy tempo run 4.4 miles in 45 minutes;

Tuesday:

MASTERS SWIM:    Warm up - 200 yds; 4 50s: one arm down, swim back; 3 x 200 pull, 4 x50, 4 x25 drill; total yards = 1900

Bodyshaling w/Heather:  60 minutes

Wednesday: 

CT BIKE:    80 minutes; easier workout than Monday; worked on form; 

Run:  Hill Repeats:   Ran at Tower Hill again. Had to get car back for Suzanne so cut short the cooldown post run. Ran 9 hills with pretty much identical pattern of 1:35, 1:18 and 1:08 for easy, medium, hard.
Cool weather, windy, but the lake was calm and witht the clouds the water was sort of yellow green.

Thursday: 

Nibra workout:  30 minutes; focused mostly on weights;

Swim lesson with Heather - she is helping me to learn to keep my head in line and not raise it up so much when I breathe. 

Friday:   Long Run:  13 miles in 2 hours;  (half-ironman distance);  felt pretty good on run - no foot problems, and ran at a consistent pace of 9:18; 

Saturday:  CT BIKE:  Tough workout;  we rode for 4 hours;  covered about 64 miles; 

Mo is awesome.

I rode for 4 hours per the timer on my bike, which starts when I start pedaling, not when the CT starts counting - so my four hours was "shorter" than the girls 4 hours.
It was a tough workout. I felt leg weary after the first 15 minute trial. I gutted it out, but my numbers weren't very good.
Had good nutrition plan - recoverite/carbo pro with a peanut butter honey english muffin before the ride, and then diluted gatorade with carbo pro plus straight water during ride. Didnt take any solids. I'm carrying goo and an energy bar but didn't use.
The two hour run yesterday afternoon followed by this workout was a tough challenge for me. Legs didn't recover as much as I had hoped.

Sunday:  Day off; have withdrawn from basketball until after the Ironman; 

No comments:

Post a Comment